Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 73-280.4 pounds

Down over 2 pounds from yesterday's weight.  Which is exciting for me!  It's amazing the results you see after not doing what you should be doing for a while. And most of that was my fault, but being sick I couldn't help...so no excuses, just that I didn't do my job for a week, plus being out of the gym (due to sickness and kid commitments) for almost 2 weeks.


I feel a big difference already in my back.  It is much better than what it was.  There is still some pain, but for a few days, it was almost debilitating, where now it is more tolerable.  I also feel a big difference in my legs.  After not working out for that long, and then doing it last night.... the big difference is... is that I FEEL MY LEGS TODAY.  Every time I move!  LOL  I knew it was going to be like starting over again, and that's ok, but wow!


This has got to be a lifestyle change.  I am not going to be able to go back to eating what I did after I lose the weight I want to lose, and keep it off.  I am going to have to find things that I love and can't live without, and maybe make them healthier, that way I can have one...or two!  Here is a link to a site that has "made-over" some desserts!  


http://eatthis.womenshealthmag.com/slide/chocolate-chip-cookies?slideshow=186317#sharetagsfocus


There is no reason not to be able to find stuff you like, with healthier versions. There are websites all over, there are apps for your phone or tablet.  www.SparkPeople.com is a free site, has recipes, diet plans, workout plans, etc. I am currently using the myfitnesspal.com app for my food and workout logs.  The think I LOVE about this app is that my friends can join, I can see their progress, and they can see mine, just by logging in...has like a "news feed" at the bottom of the home screen on the app.  


There are no magic pills, there are no magic workouts or belts that are going to melt the fat off you without some effort on your part.  Trust me, I have tried almost EVERY "miracle diet" out there.  I have been on so many different pills, ones that claim you don't have to change the way you eat to lose weight, etc.  They might work for awhile (if they work at all, which most for me DID NOT), but when you stop taking them, guess what!?  You can't (or most of us anyway) eat what you want, when you want, and still maintain a healthy weight.  You have to work at it, whether by watching what you eat, and/or exercising.  I have some friends that are doing this Visalus Shake Challenge.  It is a 90 day challenge.  And I know for fact that this works for them.  I have seen the proof. And I like shakes just as much as the next guy, but don't want to be on them for the rest of my life.  What happens at the end of the 90 days.  You have to keep doing the shakes, you can't go back to whatever you were eating before!  And for some, it is a kickstart to their weight loss, and they love the shakes, and have been using them for years.  And that is fine.  If that is what they want to do.  I will go to a party at some point in time (they have challenge parties, kinda like a Tupperware party, but different! LOL), just to see what  it's all about.  I haven't made it to one yet.  And I may eat my words after I do, but for me, for now, I will stick with eating what I want (either less of or lower fat/calorie versions) and exercise more.  If I want a Blizzard (which I did the other night), I had one.  It happened to be on a night I hadn't been counting, but I got the smallest size.  Where normally I would have gotten a regular or large size.  You make the changes you need to make to make the change in YOU.  This will be your life.  You have to make it tolerable at the very least, or amazing at the most!  You have to be able to LOVE and LIVE the LIFE that YOU WANT!


Make the most of it!  Start small, and work for what you want!



No comments:

Post a Comment