Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 85- 281.4 pounds

I was having some issues with my back last week, it was out and needed the chiropractor's touch.  I finally got it adjusted on Friday afternoon.  My back was hurting so bad, we missed the gym several times last week.  Usually it was making it feel better, but it got so bad, and then it wasn't helping.  I am still down from the last time I posted, which was about a week ago, so that is a good thing!

I haven't been working on my goals I had set for myself either.  I have compiled some recipes I would like to try, but haven't gotten to the actual making of the recipes.  I felt so horrible almost all of last week, it was kinda silly on my part to make those goals.  I went home and sat on the heating pad all night!  

It feels like I am starting over again, again.  Another lost week at the gym.  Another week of not watching what I was eating.  I am not sure how I lost weight over the last week, but I am so thankful I did.  I was dreading getting on that scale this morning, you can't even imagine.  

There is a recipe I will share with you, which will be dinner tonight.  I have been making these for a while now, but just make them now with reduced fat cheese.

Super Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
Flour Tortillas
Chicken Breast
Cheese
Salsa
Jalapenos (optional)

(I am just giving you general amounts, as I don't ever measure any of it but mine, and I make more for my kids because they are PIGS!! LOL)

Cook your chicken (I usually use about a pound, and you can also use the already cooked strips, to make it super fast as well.)  Add about a 1/4 cup of salsa, just to give it the flavor.  Place one tortilla in skillet (no oil needed), top 1/2 with cheese and chicken mixture, cook for 1-2 minutes, then fold over, turn over after another minute and cook another 1-2 minutes or till cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy (to your desired doneness).  Take out of pan onto a cutting board, make triangles with a pizza cutter or knife. (just like the restaurant, and better...according to my boys!)

My family LOVES these!  And if you follow directions on food labels (chicken, cheese, salsa) one quesadilla should be under 500 calories! 


I am officially to the point of being disappointed in myself, ashamed of myself, etc.  We ate so much CRAP that I shouldn't have over the weekend, it's not even funny.  And I found myself eating stuff because it was there, not because I was hungry.  In fact, I told my husband my stomach was hurting because I ate something while I wasn't even hungry!  I feel so weak.  Like I can't break the cycle of eating that way.  And it's my own fault, I buy the stuff!  My willpower has LOTS to be desired.  


I have hope though.  I have the determination and goal set in my heart.  I will make it there!  I just wish my mind & body would follow what my heart has planned! 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment