Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 32-285.6 pounds

So, back up almost 1/2 pound since yesterday, but it is getting to be "the week" so I am sure I have some water retention going on.  Not discouraged, but disappointed, as anyone would be, I'm sure!



Absolutely not!  I am going to fight like hell until I can't fight any longer.  That's what I am going to do!  

Went to Zumba class last night.  I had fun!  I was a little proud of myself when I was keeping up pretty well with some of the others that had done the dances before.  There are some things I can't do because of my knee issues, but still was able to find a way to do the "same" moves, only lower impact.  I was a little disappointed, though.  I am sure it is because I was learning the steps instead of just doing them, but I didn't sweat very much.  I am used to walking out of the gym with my hair almost DRENCHED in sweat.  Last night it was barely wet.  I loved doing it, don't get me wrong!  Just don't know if I "worked" enough last night.

Another night at the gym (of course).  Tonight is cardio and strength training.  Will try to push out 4 sets tonight.  I probably could have done 4 Tuesday, but the gym was packed and I had a hard time getting the equipment and space I needed.  I did my rounds, but was a few minutes in between on some, and I had a time constraint, so I had to quit when I had to quit.  But again, still finished 3, so tonight, if it's not quite as busy, I may be able to do 4 rounds!  




I haven't been posting my food on here, and that is only because I have been a little time constricted on writing.  I have still been trying to eat 5 meals a day at 300 each.  It keeps getting harder and harder to do.  Today, I had my breakfast, and by 11:00 (which is time for my 2nd meal), I was busy, and not all that hungry, so I didn't eat.  But by the time noon rolled around (my lunch break), I was starved.  So I am actually eating lunch on my lunch break today! LOL  I don't know if the 5 meal thing is going to work.  I find myself more satiated when I eat larger meals, with the small snacks.  I will find something that works for me, but it may be some more trial and error!  


I watched most of a show last night on TLC, and it was called "My 600-Pound Life).  This lady started off at 600 pounds, had gastric bypass, lost 200 pounds, had a skin removal/liposuction surgery, lost another 80 pounds on that, kept losing weight because of the bypass, and some more surgeries, and by her last surgery (to remove the "saddle bags") she weighed 285.  THAT IS WHAT I WEIGH!!!  And she still looked so big!  I know I am a big girl, and I know people carry their weight different, but WOW!!  I guess I need to look at my pictures again.  Because I just don't see it.  Not really in denial, but again I say, I don't think I look like that!  If I do, that is fine, I understand I have a lot to lose... I was also a little disturbed by the show, though.  She had a posterboard of what she weighs and numbers leading down to the weight she wants to be, and then marking them off as she achieves those numbers.... however, her goal weight was 124!  She seemed to be a pretty tall lady.  I am only 5'4" and I don't think I will reach 124 and be healthy!!  Just kinda disappointed that her doctor either didn't know about her goal, or was OK with it.  Anyway, I missed the last part of the show, but she seemed to give up, as she was hospitalized because she was not eating and/or drinking and had malnourished herself enough that her last surgery wounds wouldn't heal, and had been in the hospital over a month because of it!


Just one last thought before I leave you today!  This is not easy.  This is not a piece of cake, no matter how bad you want to dig into one!  LOL.  It takes time, it takes determination and dedication and HARD WORK!  That's what it takes to be GREAT!



No comments:

Post a Comment