Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 44- 285.6 pounds

Definitely thinking I was retaining a BUNCH of water.  I lost 1.5 pounds in one day!  Need to stop munching on the packaged stuff and stick to more natural stuffs... too much sodium!  I didn't make it to the gym last night.  We got some snow, and was afraid once it got dark, it would start melting, and I would be skating home.  So I did some of the exercises I could at home.  I don't really have that many weights (or the right ones), so I did what I could.  But will definitely make it there tonight.  I haven't been since Saturday! 

I find myself in need of positive thinking, not only from myself but those around me.  There are those that no matter how hard they try, whatever they say still comes out negative.  I try to ignore remarks that are negative and just delete them from my memory... there are some though, that are hard to delete.  I try my hardest to stay positive about EVERYTHING that happens in my life, not just the weight loss.  Even though there are times when money is short, or something breaks that can't be fixed, or something doesn't go the way we had planned or wished for.  Negative thoughts creep in sometimes, no matter how hard we try to avoid them.  So, chin up... and if the negativity bug creeps up on you (kinda like the flu), please keep it to yourself!

I have a couple recipes I will post today.  I haven't tried them myself, but will definitely be trying them this weekend.  The first is for a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich.  I love wings, but of course the breading and ranch or blue cheese I dip it in is not really included in the diet plan.

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich (here's the link: http://cookthis.menshealth.com/recipes/cook-buffalo-chicken-and-blue-cheese-sandwich?cm_mmc=CTNTNL-_-802762-_-02042012-_-body)

buffalo chicken sandwich recipe


1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
4 chicken breasts (6 oz each)
1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1 red onion, sliced
3 Tbsp favorite hot sauce (Frank's Red Hot works best here)
2 Tbsp butter, melted in the microwave for 20 seconds
4 large romaine lettuce leaves
4 sesame buns, toasted

How to Make It:
*Preheat a grill or grill pan. While it's heating, combine the blue cheese, yogurt, and lemon juice, plus a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine, and set aside.
*Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and the chili powder. Add the chicken to the hot grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes the first side, then flip. Add the onions to the perimeter of the grill (if using a grill pan, you'll need to wait until you remove the chicken to grill the onions). Cook the chicken until firm and springy to the touch, another 4 to 5 minutes. Remove, along with the grilled onions.
*Combine the hot sauce and butter and brush all over the chicken after removing from the grill. Place one large leaf of romaine on the base of each bun. Top with a chicken breast, the blue cheese sauce, grilled onions, and then the top half of the bun.

Makes 4 servings
387 calories
15 g fat (5 g saturated)
912 mg sodium

I cannot wait to try that one!  The other one is for Banana Bread Protein Muffins.  Supposedly they taste just like delicious banana bread (one of my faves!!), but have no flour or sugar!

Banana Bread Protein Muffins (Link: http://www.dashingdish.com/2012/02/banana-bread-protein-muffins/)
MUFFINS-FUNNN!!!!!!! WOOOOO

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup ripe banana (about 1 small banana)
  • 3/4 cup egg whites
  • 1/2 cup plain low fat greek yogurt (I used plain Chobani yogurt)
  • 3/4 cup oats (use gluten free if sensitive to gluten)
  • 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Designer Whey, or  you could use any flavor you would like!)
  • 12-14 packets stevia (or 1/2 cup sweetener of choice)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, or line with silicone or foil liners, (spray liners if using). 2. Place all of the ingredients in a blender, (or food processor), and blend until mixture is smooth. 3. Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin tins. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
(Note: be sure to use either silicone or foil liners with the paper insert removed because they will stick, as does any muffin made with oats rather than flour!)

So here is my food from yesterday:
Homemade egg mcmuffin and coffee: 405
Turkey sandwich, lime tostitos, 8oz. can of dr. pepper: 430
Chicken stir-fry: 265
Cereal & milk: 342

Total: 1,442

I will try to post my food everyday.  I am already sending my food for the day to a couple different people.  Keeps me accountable, and they can send suggestions if I didn't do so well...

I will hopefully be at the gym tonight, should be no reason not to be...  My back is a little sore today, kinda feels like I have pulled something or maybe just slept on it wrong.  Just really stiff.  I keep trying to stretch it out, and doesn't seem to be getting any better.  But again, I haven't been in the gym since Saturday.  

 
And it has been YEARS!  I will have to be more strict about my diet.  I stuck to under 1500 yesterday, and of course I wasn't hungry in between.  Just have to weigh the possibilities.  I drank more water yesterday than I think I normally do.  I haven't really been keeping track, just trying to drink it all the time.  But my lips were dry yesterday, and I thought to myself that wasn't a good sign.  So, I probably drank 8- 8oz. glasses yesterday.  Lips are still a bit dry today, but that's probably from dehydrating myself.... silly girl!

So, that's it for today.  On a side note, my page has gotten over 1,000 views since the first of the year.  I find that most amazing!  Keep reading and keep sharing.  Hopefully I will get better at this as the year progresses!  :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that's in a font kinda hard to read. I thought I had that changed!

    ReplyDelete