Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 38-285.8 pounds

So, I was super excited this morning when I stepped on the scale, and it was TWO pounds lighter than yesterday!!  YAY!  I had a great workout last night.  I always feel as if I have accomplished something when my hair is dripping by the time I walk out the door.  I meet with the trainer on Friday.  She is going to change up my workout routine, so I don't get "set in my ways".  Which is good.  Whatever is going to help keep the pounds coming off.  I have a habit of going to the gym now.  It is just what I do.  It is part of my schedule.

A lady posted yesterday on our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/283540928345313/ that she finds the motivation to workout difficult to achieve.  I posted that once you make it a habit, there is no motivation to go, you just do it, the motivation you need is to finish.  And that is pretty easy.  Once you are in the gym and working out, you don't want to stop in the middle.  At least I don't.  Sometimes I don't want to see "people I know" there, as they sometimes want to stop and talk (as I do myself, sometimes), but when I am working out, I just want to keep on, don't want to stop in between or in the middle of my stuff.  


You have to be willing to fight for what YOU want.  My trainer also commented on my post from yesterday stating that she always feels some sort of guilt for not being there sometimes for her kids, even if they are busy....I am hoping to become fit, so I can be active with them....not in the gym busting my butt.  There will be plenty of time for the gym, it will be a habit and on the schedule for many many years to come.... but when it's time to play or be there, this gives me the chance to do that.  The guilt is there, but I know it will be better in the long run.

Today is not a good day at the office food wise... we have a birthday celebration and a farewell celebration all wrapped into one.  So there was cake, and cupcakes and pizza.  I had a slice of cake, and two pieces of pizza.  They are tracked into my calorie counter and will be part of my calorie intake for the day.  Normally, I would have had a piece of cake, a cupcake, and then several pieces of pizza.  Today, again it was the cake, and once slice of thin crust veggie lovers, and one slice of pepperoni.  The pepperoni was more calories than I really wanted to give up.... but dang it tasted SOOO good.  All that means is I have to watch really close what I eat later today, as I only have about 500 calories left.  But I am so full right now, I can't even think about eating for HOURS!


I did want the pizza and it was in the moment.  But it is figured into my calories.  I don't deprive myself if I do want something in the moment.  I just have to figure out if that fits in with the rest of the day... If I had already eaten most of my calories for the day, and had pizza sprung on me at the end of the day, I wouldn't have had any.  The choices we make define us.  My choices are better now.  Choices of better food, less food, and more movement!

I do have a plan for this blog... it's just waiting for me to get organized enough to get it on here.  I will be posting recipes at some point in time.  Recipes for the "everyday" and recipes for special occasions.  I was talking with Ashley at Anytime Fitness, and she is right there with me.... working hard to feed her family "good for you" things and still be a mom, with sports practices, and wrestling meets, and dance recitals, etc.  So, recipes will be coming... again when I get motivated and organized enough to do so!  LOL

I write this normally on my lunch, so time is of the essence.  I have only a short period of time to write, and find the photos I want to post.  I try to keep it short most days, as I know alot of you don't have all day to be on the computer reading, but enjoy catching up.  I thank all of you for your support!  All the comments and suggestions are GREAT!!  They keep me motivated.  I read somewhere the other day, you are more likely to lose weight if you keep your goals quiet... I disagree.  You are what keeps me motivated.  My kids keep me motivated.  My husband keeps me motivated.  

Thanks for everything!

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Again ... I'm so proud of you and your MIND SET ... You will succeed and I'm going to be behind you ALL the way cheering you on.

    You GO girl!!

    ReplyDelete