Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 10-290 pounds

Was a bit disappointed this morning when I weighed, as I was UP a WHOLE POUND!!!  Again, the problem with weighing everyday, but I am still going to do it.  I am not disheartened, just disappointed. 

Ever since my workout on Monday, my knees have been giving me a bit of trouble.  I decided to not do anything but walk last night at the gym, and did 45 minutes straight.  Was pretty proud of that accomplishment, as I have been stopping at 15 minutes and getting a drink, going to the bathroom, etc. on previous workouts, then resuming to finish my 30 minutes total.  Knee is still a bit sore and stiff.  Talked with Ashley last night (one of my "coaches" from Anytime Fitness) and she said maybe to alternate between walking and a bike (that maybe the walking IS the problem), and if it still gives me some grief to talk with Robin (another "coach" there, and the trainer of course!) about maybe doing some "corrective" exercises on the knee to build some more muscle strength around the knee. 

I don't think I will be going the gym tonight.  I normally go with my husband (even though we don't normally "work out" together, and he is a little worried he might be called into work overnight (he works for the road dept.) as we are expected to get a little winter weather.  He would like to go home and rest, just in case of that.  So, I will do my cardio video at home...I think it is only 15 minutes (there may be a longer one on there, just not sure), so I may have to do it twice!  Of course, the boys (and dad) will have to be in the other room (watching TV or playing the xBox) because working out at the gym in front of other people is ok, but at home it's just weird.... LOL!

I have heard from so many people that they have kick started their own weight loss goals this year.  I don't know if that is because of the New Year, or because of me.  If it is because of me, I am completely humbled!  If it is not, then that's ok too!  But know, either way, that it is a journey, and we all are partners in it!  I want your support, and I will gladly give mine in return!

The weight gain from yesterday to today does not bother me, but I am trying to figure out why it happened.  My guess is (and feel free to comment and offer your opinion/suggestions) that I am eating too many of my calories right before I go to bed.  During the day, I drink my shakes and have my snacks, and like I said yesterday, I am too full from dinner to eat a snack before bed.  But I am spacing out my calories alot more during the day, then having a 500 calorie meal at around 7:00 or so, then going to bed around 9:00 or 10:00.  I don't think I can eat any earlier, as going to gym after work is really the only option I have at the moment.  So, today I am drinking my shakes for breakfast and lunch, and adding a piece of fruit with it.  Then have a 100-calorie snack in between, and my mid-afternoon snack (which is about 200 calories), then by dinner I should be eating the 500 calorie meal and nothing else before bed.  I hope that helps. 

So many people have commented about me addressing my emotional behavior along with my physical eating habits.  Some are surprised that I am doing this.  Most people assume (and I think it is from watching Biggest Loser, even though that is one of my favorites) that fat people have MAJOR ISSUES.  Not all fat people got fat because they are depressed.  Some of us just like to eat.  Doesn't matter if we are happy, sad, angry, etc.  We just like the taste of food!  And I think that pertains to me.  I don't have emotional eating issues (if I did, the diet would have went to hell last week, as I was on that emotional time...).  I'm not saying I don't eat when I am emotional.  You don't get to be almost 300 pounds and not eat emotionally.  My problem is that I eat with EVERY emotion, and that's just because it's something to do.  And of course, the food tastes really good!  Some people say, well she gained 20 pounds, but it's a happy gain.  I don't think any gain is a HAPPY gain (for overweight people, anyway).  I think you can be happy and gain it by not watching what you eat, or not worrying about exercising as you are more focused on your life than on the food you consume.  But I am pretty sure when they find out they have gained that 20 pounds, they are NOT HAPPY! LOL. 

My family and I have had our struggles, and it has not all been a bed of roses.  But that is not the reason I weight what I do.  I have said this before, I weigh what I weigh because of the choices I make.  And those have been bad choices, either because it was "cheaper" or because it was "easier" or because I just didn't care what I was putting in my body at that moment.  You have to assess your mental health on any health issue.  What is making your blood pressure so high?  Why are you eating all those sweets, and now have diabetes?  Is it something mental, or something else?  There is no difference in being sick and being fat.  There are ways to make it better.  I'm not saying everything has a cure, but there are ways to make it better (if only for the time being...).  I have assessed my mental health, and find there is nothing wrong with it (at least in my book, others might have different opinions).  It's just the choices I have made. 

Also, a note for those of you who might eat fast food once a week or more....try watching the documentary "Super Size Me".  That was a major factor in our not eating out so much, and the decision we need to eat better for our health.

Thanks again for reading!  The support really amazes me.

3 comments:

  1. 6.4 lbs. in 10 days, that's awesome. Don't know what kind of plan you're on, but my goal is 2 lbs. a week for a year thereby losing 104 lbs. which would put me at 176. That's about what I weighed 30 years ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using the Slim Fast plan for now. I know that is not a long term lifestyle, but trying to train my body to need less food to feel full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Billie, this is JoAnna here...I love your blog! Slim Fast always made me hungrier...I would drink a shake, then eat a meal too...i finally found an awesome nutritional shake that curbs hunger, gives me energy, and burnsfat/gains muscle...it's called Visalus or Body by Vi. I started off in November at 276.lbs and now am at 263lbs. Trust me, it sounds crazy, but the way they have their proteins in it, it helps burn fat/gain muscle...i was reluctant, but soooo glad I tried it! I would be happy to send you some info, it is guaranteed, so if you don't like it, you will get your money back...equals $1.87 per shake. I can send you a sample if ya want to taste it first. Let me know at pixgal2@hotmail.com or 636-387-3440!

    ReplyDelete