Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 3-292.6 pounds

Yesterday afternoon was a little difficult for me.  I was getting (and had for awhile) a horrendous headache, which I know is a part of detoxing from all the "not good" food I had been eating, but I figured this one was because of the Dr. Pepper I love so much.  It started getting bad about the time I usually drink one at work.

I am amazed that I have lost 4 pounds since Monday.  But I also know that some of that is probably water weight, and the fact that when you go from eating 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000 calories some days, that when you actually count your calories and are only consuming 1500, then there is going to be some weight loss!  Every diet I have tried is hard to stick to because I feel hungry.  I haven't really felt hungry, I have had the headaches, but that is better today.  But I have not heard my stomach growl...therefore not hungry....technically. 

I went to the gym last night, but only walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes.  But I did have an awesome chat with the Trainer and Owner of Anytime Fitness of Camdenton about my journey.  They put me on the body fat scale and did some measurements.  And told me what a great support system they are, so I can lean on them when I need to!  How awesome is that!  I was also told that it is OK for me to have a Dr. Pepper, as long as I am compensating for it with other calories on my diet.  But the body fat scale told me that I have to burn less than around 2085 calories to lose weight.  My Slim-Fast plan is only 1500 calories, so she also told me that it would not be a BIG DEAL if I just added in there, especially since I will be incorporating some sort of physical exercise into each day!  YAY!!!

I do have to adjust my goal of losing the 150 pounds I had hoped to achieve by the end of the year.  According to the body fat scale, it says that I can only healthily lose around 127, and still have the amount of fat on my body that is needed to be fit.  So my new goal is 125 by year's end.  

I also have to mention the fact brought up by the owner of Anytime Fitness, and my friend Ashley Tillett, who I used to go to school with.  She wanted me to tell her what I thought she might weigh.  Well, we all know we don't want someone to guess our weight in the event that you weigh 150 and they see you as weighing 180... how horrified would we be!?!?  Anyway, she said we all had this ideal weight pushed on us at a young age of a fit woman, and that was 120 pounds.  And she is right.  When you think of a fit woman (who obviously can't be 6' tall), you probably think about 125 or so.  That is crazy, the trainer there (and I hope she doesn't mind me telling this) says she weighs around 140-145 and she is my height.  The owner there says she weighs around 160.  I would not have thought they weigh what they do, because like some of you out there, I have the mindset that someone that is FIT is 120.  

So, I am thinking with the new goal, my end weight for this year should be close to around 160, and I am really ok with that.  Considering that I probably haven't weighed 160 since I was a freshman in high school, and was overweight then for my size.  I have grown, I have had kids, and I know I will never be 120.  The weight is not my ultimate goal.  Being fit and healthy for the long haul is the ultimate goal.  I want to be there when my children grow up, I want to be there to be able to play with their grandchildren...but most importantly I want to live in the moment, and be able to play and be active with my boys now!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is such great goal! Your probably gonna get tired of me but I'm heretofore cheer you on cuz! Lol. You've done such. Great job so far! The ideal weight is always such a hard thing. I keep struggling with my "healthy" weight because the weight range says I should be no more than 140 pounds. I'm not sure there is any way for me to actually get that small ever again.

    ReplyDelete