Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 24-289.2 pounds

OK, so I met with the trainer last night.  Things went pretty well.  They weighed me when I first started going to the gym, and then again last night.  According to their scale, I have only lost 3 pounds, but have lost about 3 inches, as well as 4% body fat!  That excites me!!

I am planning on doing the exercises she taught me last night for about a couple weeks, then she will give me a new workout (different moves) so I can alternate the two within the month before I meet with her again.  I am a little stiff this morning and kinda sore, but not really as bad as what I thought it would be.  This kinda makes me think of what I looked like last night:





Because I am pretty sure I looked a heck of alot worse than I have any other time I have walked out of that gym!  Thanks Robin!

I am also going to be starting to post my food for the day, here as well as with the trainer.  She mentioned this last night, just keeps me accountable for what I have eaten, whether or not it is on the diet plan or not.

Yesterday's Food: (calories in parenthesis)
8am-Slim Fast Cappucchino (190)
10am-Ghiradelli Dark Choc square with mint filling (42)
11am-Mini Rice cakes-cheddar (70)
12pm-Slim Fast Chocolate (190)
2:30 pm- Wheat Thins (140) and cheese stick (70)
6:30 pm- Creatine (to help with the muscle soreness) (100)
7:30 pm- Italian Sausage (170), whole wheat rotini (210), and marinara sauce (90)
9:30 pm-1% milk (100) & 100 cal pack of yogurt pretzels (100)

Total Calories: 1472.  And that is going to be a little off, because after I dished up my dinner serving, I only ate about 3/4 of it, it was a big serving, and I just couldn't eat it!

I am definitely below the 1500 calories that I had set for myself (according to what is "normal" for the Slim-Fast plan).  Yesterday was the only day that I had really come close to that for awhile.

I am feeling more at home at the gym.  

 
I know several people there now, and feel comfortable just walking around and looking, if I need to find something to do.  It was a little funny today, the Camdenton Chamber Director, Trish, came into my office today for a meeting and mentioned that she sees me working out at the gym, and that I am such an inspiration to all of them there, the way I work out almost every day, and just what I do.  That really meant alot!



According to the trainer, I am supposed to workout 6 days a week.  Everyone one of those needs to include cardio, then every other day needs to be weight training.  I can do that!!





I told the trainer my weaknesses, my knees & wrists, and she did her best to work around those to get a workout tailored just for me.  I was pushed to the limits, but not over and that was a great motivator.  I felt I could do more, and that just leaves room for improvement.  We talked about the emotional eating, which is come and go with me, not what made me this way.  We also talked about the eating habit being of my upbringing.  I said that is exactly what it is:  I was raised in a family of overweight people.  I don't say that to be mean, but it's the truth.  We always had a meat, potato and side, plus bread/rolls, etc.  Dessert was every night if you wanted it.  We had (and still do) huge family meals.  I have talked about this in a previous post, that almost all family get-together's are based around a meal.  Not only that, every other week at church was a dinner for the members.  Every Easter there is a breakfast after the Sunrise Service.  Every "singing" there is food to eat, every benefit, etc.  That's just the way it was done.  Time to change that.  Just because it's there, doesn't mean I need to consume it!  Just because I have a long journey ahead of me, and not much results, I will still continue on, because:


No comments:

Post a Comment